Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm On the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Mother Fucker

Way better than a boat. Way. Today, JOINSHIELD.COM became active and altered me that after rigorous testing, I would be considered for agent status. A component of this sign up has the system accessing your Facebook account, at which time it plucks your main picture for your ID badge. In my case, this is an image of my cameo in "The Shining" where I was caught conferring with a friend who was wearing his favorite bear suit. I agree, this image makes for an awesome ID picture. After some clicking around you are given a S.H.I.E.L.D. insider's POV on the situation in Puente Antiguo, New Mexico where a large crater was discovered to hold an alien artifact. The item resembles a medieval metal working hammer or two handed weapon but the alloy resists all testing methods as even diamond tipped sampling devices can not take a slice. The item is also emitting electro-magnetic interference, so S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have been advised to stay in their cars, which are shielded...and are from Acura. After a quick game of "find the anomaly" utilizing a grid map and a spy drone, you get the bump to Level 1 and can continue on your missions! This most likely means you can see further video, images and enter contests. The real question you will be asking after first glance is "Is this one big commercial for Acura?" Nope, thankfully. After you pick your S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicle of choice, leveling up gives you upgrades to your car with some nifty computer generated effects, so its not like they are trying to sell you the damn thing every 3 minutes. Join S.H.I.E.L.D. today and blast a Hydra agent in the face for dear old Uncle Sam (Jackson), won't you?

No comments :

Post a Comment